Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I have no social skills

I've been saying this for a little while now... Mostly in a light, joking way...  The thing is, is that it's true.  One of the casualities of my friendship with R is that I don't trust folks very much anymore.  And I certanly don't trust myself. 

After knowing many of the ends and outs of someone else's relationship and looking back at mine, it's a real struggle to spend "social" time with people I don't know very well and trust anything that they are saying to me.

My mom met R years ago and her one comment about him was "Well Gosh.  You can sure see how he is __'s husband.  He's so attentive to her!"

And he had licked my lips just hours before.

I meet men now, and if they look at me too long I feel naked. 
I meet women now, and I have no idea if I'm going to like them, wonder if they are telling me/themselves/anyone the truth.  Wonder if their husbands are going to hit on me later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment